Welcome to the Westmount Transportation Page
Westmount Charter School is committed to the operation of a fee-based, cost-effective, efficient and safe bus service for its students. Parents who reside more than 2.4 km from the school have the option of using this service for their children. Students may be full, or part-time riders.
Stops are located within Calgary city limits only. Approximately 45% of our school population ride the bus and 51% of our school population will be receiving funding (Parent Provided Funding or PPF) for driving their kids to and from school as part of our parent provided funding program.
Westmount does not serve areas surrounding the schools nor many of the newer outlying communities. There are also several neighborhoods we do not serve such as the downtown core, Inglewood and south of the Bow River to 17 Ave. Click here to see the current routes/neighborhoods we operate in. Should you have questions regarding your neighborhood please direct them to Transportation Services at: email@example.com
Login to mybusstop.ca to find out the status of your bus. This is a GPS tracking system that allows parents/students to login and see in real time where the bus is. You will need the school access code to access this system.
You can also contact Southland Transportation directly for information regarding your bus delay at 403-287-1335.
Students and parents are reminded that extra caution should be taken during the winter months. Please take a moment and review this important information with your children.
- Children should be dressed appropriately for the colder weather. Unexpected mechanical problems with the bus occur more frequently at this time of year. Children must be prepared for this as buses cool off very quickly.
- Unusually cold or stormy weather can result in bus schedules being delayed. We encourage parents to use extra caution with children on those days.
- Children should be accompanied to the bus stop or have very clear instructions on what to do if the bus does not arrive. Never leave children at a stop without backup arrangements for an emergency.
- A build-up of ice and snow can create a safety hazard for children waiting at the bus stop. Ensure that your child understands the importance of standing back from the curb as the bus approaches the bus stop.
- Children will find it easier to walk snow and ice-covered roads when their school books and lunches are carried in a back pack. It is also much safer for them to board the bus with their hands free to use the bus handrail.
- Assume that school is open unless you learn otherwise through the school or local media.
For Driver Behavior and Busing Delays:
Contact Southland Transportation.
403 387 2907
For Lost Items
Please speak to the driver directly or, if not accessible, contact Southland Transportation.
Contact Dispatch 403 387 2907 or
Susan Smiley Phone 403 287 1351 x225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Issues Regarding Student Discipline and Bus Behavior Issues, Contact
Hal Curties, Principal for Grades K-4
Phone: (403) 217-0426 x1014
Chris Byron, Teacher for Grades 5-12
Phone: (403) 217-9427 x4106
For questions about bus routes and schedules
Contact Westmount Transportation Services:
Phone (403) 921-BUSS (2877), remote office
For Information on Fees and Billing, Please Contact the Business Office
Fees and Finance
Phone: (403) 217-3707 x1017 Fax: (403) 249-3422
For PPF Disbursement…If you wish to check your banking information
(403) 217 3707 X1018 Fax: (403) 249 3422