As part of preparing student files for every school year, a student Prescription Drug-Medical Treatment form will need to be completed if your child has special medical needs/requirements that our staff need to be aware of in order to assist your child, should the need arise. Please note that the medical treatment form for the 2021/2022 school year differs slightly from previous years. On page one, you will find an additional section related to pre-existing health issues that cause COVID-19-like symptoms.
This is a FILLABLE form. To complete the form, you must first save it to your computer, then open in Adobe Acrobat Reader and fill it in using your computer. Save the form. Note: you may sign with a digital signature or print the form and sign with a pen. Obtain a doctor’s signature as necessary.
- EC parents
- If you are not sending medication for the school to keep on hand, scan or take clear photos of the form. You may then email the completed medical form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in your email that you are not sending accompanying medications to the school.
- If you are sending medications for the school to keep on hand, place the form and medication in a clearly labelled, sealed Ziploc bag, and drop off in the secure drop box at the entrance to the Elementary campus on the first day of school. It is critical that you respect social distancing recommendations as you drop off your medications.
- MH parents – please print, sign and place the completed form inside your clearly labelled, sealed Ziploc bag with your child’s medications.
- Instruct your student to bring the bag to their homeroom/SOURCE class on the first day of school. There will be a bin in which they can place their Ziploc bag(s). We will deliver all medications to the infirmary so that students are not travelling through the hallways.
Who Needs to Sign the Form?
- A Doctor, if:
- your child has prescribed medication, life-threatening allergies, or a serious medical condition
- Your child has a known, pre-existing health issue that causes COVID-19-like symptoms.
- Only a parent (no doctor’s signature required) if:
- a child requires non-prescription medications e.g. Advil or Tylenol.
- If you would like us to provide your child with non-prescription medication, place it in a clearly labelled, sealed Ziploc bag, accompanied by a completed medical form and return it to the school(s) as described above.
The Medical form must be completed every year and returned to the Westmount campus your child attends.
- Student medications also need to be renewed every year.
- At the end of the school year, medications need to be picked up or they will be disposed of.
Click this link to download, save and fill out Westmount’s Prescription Drug-Medical Treatment form.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
The Elementary Office at 403.217.0426.
The Mid-High Office at 403.217.9427.