Where to Meet and What to Bring on the First Day of School
Unless there is a change, the EC is in the Green Scenario – operations will look the same as they did prior to COVID. The first day of classes for our students is Thursday, September 1, 2022. We look forward to welcoming our new students and re-connecting with our continuing students.
Please note that classes will have staggered entries for their first two days. Please check the schedule in the Monday, August 29, 2022 Back to School Newsletter for your campus carefully to see when your students are expected at school and on which days.
First Days of School and Walking Your Children to Their Classes in the Morning
If you would like to see your children to their classrooms on the first day or two of school, please feel free to do so up until September 9. Following September 9, we’ll ask that you say your goodbyes outside. Although it is understandable to worry about kids and want to go to the classroom with them, our experience tells us that they adjust very quickly to parents saying goodbye to them outside the school.
What to Bring the First Day of School
- School Supplies
- School Supplies are found on the Back to School page on the Westmount website
- Kindergarten Grade 1 (Updated August 1) — Grade 2 (Updated July 30) Grade 3 Grade 4
- Bring your child’s prescription medications and the school medical form signed by your doctor (if your child has prescribed medication, life-threatening allergies, or a serious medical condition) to the elementary office.
- Bring your child’s non-prescription medications and the school medical form with parent signature only (if your child takes non-prescription medications e.g. Advil or Tylenol) to the elementary office.
- If you need to submit a medical form but have no medications to leave with the school, you may email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to go to the Forms and Documents page and click on the ‘Medical’ tab for more information and to download and print the medical form.