We welcome volunteers on field trips, in the classroom, and for School Council-sponsored activities.
As a Westmount volunteer, you are placed in a position of trust with students, staff or property. A valid security clearance must be obtained for some types of volunteer activities. There is NO COST to complete an online or in-person Police Information Check for Westmount Volunteers.
Note: Guest speakers or visitors to the school, and parents assisting their own child only are not considered to be volunteers, and do not require a security clearance.
Effective Monday, June 26, 2023, the Calgary Police Service has launched a new, online Police Information Check system (PIC). Applicants will be able to receive online results which can be saved, printed & downloaded.
Also, effective Monday, June 26, 2023, in-person PIC applications can only be made at the Westwinds office.
**Note that if you apply online and this is the first time you are accessing the new PIC system, you will have to create a new PIC account before you can begin, even if you had an account in the old PIC system.
Follow these Steps to Become a Volunteer at Westmount Charter School
- Determine which Westmount Category your volunteer activity falls within.
- If you are a category “A” volunteer, you must complete a Police Information Check (PIC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC):
- Contact the Elementary or Mid-High office by email or phone to let them know you wish to volunteer. They will send you an email inviting you to apply for a Police Information Check.
- Click the link in the email and proceed with the application. This link provides an automatic fee waiver for the process, so you must click the link to begin the PIC with VSC process and apply the voucher.
- The Calgary Police Service will send you an email when the Police Information Check is complete. Log into your online account to view your completed PIC and VSC.
- You may download your results letter in PDF format and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (K-Gr 4) or email@example.com (Gr 5-12) ***The PDF is password protected. Please provide us with the password for the document.
- Volunteer drivers applicants must also submit a copy of:
- A recent Driver Abstract obtained from an Alberta Registry Office (the individual must have a safe driving record with less than six demerit points). You may get a Driver Abstract from an Alberta Registry Office for a small fee.
- your driver’s licence
- If you wish to complete your PIC and VSC in person, you may only do so at the Westwinds CPS Office: 5111 47 Street NE. Please contact your respective school to obtain a VSPN letter to take to the Westwinds office firstname.lastname@example.org (K-Gr 4) or email@example.com (Gr 5-12). Email us the results once you receive them.
- While you are omplete the Westmount Volunteer Registration form and the Volunteer Driver form and Declaration (if you intend to be a volunteer driver during your volunteer activity). Email these forms and required, accompanying documentation to the school office (Elementary or Mid-High) along with your PIC and VSC.
- If you are a category “B” volunteer, you do not require a Police Information Check (PIC) or Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC):