Fiction Access (Internal)
All Westmount staff and students have access to a wide range of fiction titles through the “Alberta Public School K-12 Share Digital Resources” Sora collection. Sora can be used on a desktop (soraapp.com) or via an app downloaded on Apple or Android.
- Recent periodicals/magazines
- Popular fiction titles
- Classic fiction titles
- A small number of non-fiction titles
- Be set up using the Dyslexie font, allowing for easier reading for students who may be dyslexic or have reading disabilities
- Be used to take digital notes as students read OR listen, and those notes are kept by the student even after the book is returned
- Make digital notes available in PDF to give to a teacher
- Give assigned reading to students for independent book study or small group book study
- Be used in a variety of languages including French, Spanish and Chinese
How to use Sora:
- Simply go to www.soraapp.com or download the “Sora, by Overdrive Education” app to your device.
- Use your wcs-g.com email address to log in.
- Start browsing!