Grade 5-12 Programming
Westmount embraces asynchrony as a driving principle in defining giftedness; therefore modifications in the delivery of curriculum and selection of content and resources are of paramount importance. Asynchronous development – an uneven pattern of growth characterized by differing patterns and rates of intensity, interest and skill development – negates the typical singular dimension and linear developmental pattern most often
described in curriculum scope and sequence (Hutton, 2013).
In other words, Westmount’s content and curriculum delivery are modified to account for this asynchrony, thus affecting the way the school implements each of these instructional methods in particular circumstances.
Click here to learn about Westmount’s Mid-High Awards Program.
Upcoming EventsNo events found
Recent Mid-High News
- MH Parent Terry Fox Information
- Notice from Westmount Transportation – Deadline to Withdraw
- School Council Needs You!
- Administering Prescription and Non-Prescription Medication at School: Information for Parents
- Westmount Clothing Available for Purchase Through the Family Zone
- Tomorrow is PICTURE Day @ the MH!