Grade 5-12 Programming
Westmount embraces asynchrony as a driving principle in defining giftedness; therefore modifications in the delivery of curriculum and selection of content and resources are of paramount importance. Asynchronous development – an uneven pattern of growth characterized by differing patterns and rates of intensity, interest and skill development – negates the typical singular dimension and linear developmental pattern most often
described in curriculum scope and sequence (Hutton, 2013).
In other words, Westmount’s content and curriculum delivery are modified to account for this asynchrony, thus affecting the way the school implements each of these instructional methods in particular circumstances.
Click here to learn about Westmount’s Mid-High Awards Program.
Upcoming EventsNo events found
Recent Mid-High News
- Registration Now Open for Pascal Cayley Fermat (PCF) contest set, and the Canadian Computing Competition (CCC) Math Contests
- Judges Urgently Needed for the MH Science Fair in February, 2020
- Cold Weather Advisory
- Reminder: Our first bottle drive of 2020 is this Thursday, January 9!
- Deadline for Westmount MH 2019/2020 Yearbook Purchase is February 21, 2020
- Westmount Students take first place @ Yale!