Grade 5-12 Programming
Westmount embraces asynchrony as a driving principle in defining giftedness; therefore modifications in the delivery of curriculum and selection of content and resources are of paramount importance. Asynchronous development – an uneven pattern of growth characterized by differing patterns and rates of intensity, interest and skill development – negates the typical singular dimension and linear developmental pattern most often
described in curriculum scope and sequence (Hutton, 2013).
In other words, Westmount’s content and curriculum delivery are modified to account for this asynchrony, thus affecting the way the school implements each of these instructional methods in particular circumstances.
Click here to learn about Westmount’s Mid-High Awards Program.
Upcoming EventsNo events found
Recent Mid-High News
- 2020 MH Science Fair Thank you!
- Westmount Charter School Council has Vacant Positions for 2020/2021 School Year
- Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities at Westmount Charter School
- NEW Coronavirus Updates for Westmount Families from Alberta Health Services
- Third Annual WCS Literary Anthology
- Southern Alberta Jr. Regional Debate Tournament