Grade 5-12 Programming
Westmount embraces asynchrony as a driving principle in defining giftedness; therefore
modifications in the delivery of curriculum and selection of content and resources are of
paramount importance. Asynchronous development – an uneven pattern of growth
characterized by differing patterns and rates of intensity, interest and skill development –
negates the typical singular dimension and linear developmental pattern most often
described in curriculum scope and sequence (Hutton, 2013). In other words, Westmount’s
content and curriculum delivery are modified to account for this asynchrony, thus affecting the
way the school implements each of these instructional methods in particular circumstances.
Click here to learn about Westmount’s Mid-High Awards Program.
Below you will find all the tools you need to understand your schedule for the 2020-21 school year.
Recent Mid-High News
- Ordering Official High School Transcripts on MyPass
- Preparing for a Safe Return to School Informational Video
- Message from the Superintendent – Re-Entry Planning
- Message from the Superintendent – AB Education Update
- A+ For Energy Program Winner
- 2020 Teacher’s Excellence in Environmental Ed. and Communication Award Winner