- Read steps 1-5 of the application process.
- Print, Complete and Submit the appropriate Application.
Required Documentation to include with Application for Admission:
- Application form
- Demographic Overview form
- Parent Inventory for Finding Potential (PIP) form
- Teacher Inventory of Learning Strengths (TILS). Kindergarten applicants DO NOT need to submit a TILS. Grades 1-4 Applicants, this form is optional. Your child’s current teacher may decline to provide this form. If this happens, it will not affect your application.
- Preliminary Medical form
Additionally, please include Photocopies of the following:
- 2 Photocopies of Psychological Assessment
- Immigration Documentation (If Applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Social/behavioural assessment summary document (If any).
- An IPP associated with intensive behavioural intervention funding, primary unit funding (PUF), or severe disabilities funding (if any).
**The office cannot make photocopies for you**
Applications may be hand-delivered to the secure dropbox at the front doors of the Elementary campus or submitted electronically.
Notification email: TBA
Applicants will receive a notification email either indicating that the initial review of their application has resulted in its discontinuation. Grade 2-4 applicants may be invited to an online interview.
Those invited will:
- meet Westmount’s criteria for gifted (FSIQ or GAI of 130 +/- 5)
- PIP is in the gifted range
- TILS (optional) is in the gifted range
- Be “…students identified by the assessment process as demonstrating characteristics of giftedness most appropriate to the school’s program.” Westmount Administrative Procedure 300: 2.2.1
Those who do not receive this notification email and have not previously been notified that their application has been discontinued, are asked to email email@example.com.