DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS is October 12, 2022, before 6:00PM (Mountain Time) / 8:00PM (Eastern Time)
On-line Application: https://loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/
Applications for the 2023 Loran Award will open in September.
The Application Process
- The application process takes place annually in September/October.
- Shortlisted candidates are notified at least one week before their semi-final interview date.
- There is no limit to the number of applicants from a single school.
- Loran Scholarship committees review all applications and invite shortlisted candidates to submit supplemental videos. From these ~500 shortlisted candidates, approximately 250 semi-finalists will be invited to online interviews. These interviews are an opportunity for semi-finalists to connect with one another, meet the local leaders who serve as our interviewers, and gain valuable interview experience.
- After semi-final interviews, the committees invite outstanding semi-finalists to participate in national interviews. Committees also grant provincial & territorial awards ($2,000 each) and honour citations to semi-finalists who distinguish themselves at the semi-final level.
The Loran Scholars Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation in the application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please note: the deliberations of our selection committees are confidential. All decisions are final and not eligible for appeal.
Eligibility Criteria for High School Students
- Be entering university for the first time in September 2023.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be born between January 1, 2001 and September 1, 2007.