Dear Westmount Parents and Guardians,
At the October 2021 board meeting, our Board of Directors approved Policy 14 COVID-19 Risk Mitigation, a policy to mandate vaccines. The commensurate Administrative Procedure 491 COVID-19 Risk Mitigation, was also presented to the board and received their support. The policy applies to all Westmount employees, volunteers and contracted service providers. Both documents are available for review on our website or click on these links to view each Policy 14 COVID-19 Risk Mitigation (pages 34-35) and Administrative Procedure 491 COVID-19 Risk Mitigation.
Communication about the policy and administrative procedure was provided to staff prior to last week’s fall break. Implementation of the procedures has begun and is a significant endeavour for Westmount that involves all employees, volunteers, and contracted service providers such as bus drivers, as well as our families.
All employees, volunteers and contracted service providers are required to formally declare their vaccination status by December 17, 2021. The vaccination requirement does not replace COVID-19 safety protocols already in place such as: masking; hand sanitization; and social distancing.
- Parents and guardians are not required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 when dropping off or picking up children.
- Parent-teacher conferences will be scheduled via virtual meetings as an alternative to in-person meetings.
- Volunteers will be treated as employees of the Board.
- This vaccination mandate does not apply to students.
- School administration will provide further details over the next month about spectators attending extra-curricular events such as sports, drama or music performances prior to December 17, 2021
We appreciate your patience and support as we work through next steps. We are trying to anticipate all questions and will endeavour to make the process as seamless as possible.
Thank you and stay safe.