The Alberta High School Mathematics Competition (AHSMC) – First Round, is a very difficult contest taken this year by 597 students in Alberta. It is the stepping stone to the more prestigious Mathematics Olympiad team and opens doors for summer immersion camps for high ranking students. We have had a number of students who have participated in this contest over the past 10 years. Over the years a number of our students have performed exceptionally well.
This year, we have:
- three students who qualify for the Second Round, to be taken on February 5, 2020
- one of our students also took an individual prize as the top Grade 11 student
- Westmount Charter School won a team prize for Zone 1 in Alberta
- the team placed First out of Thirteen schools, 243 students
- overall Westmount Ranked 4th out of the 42 participating schools.
Way to GO Westmount!