Westmount Charter School is hosting our annual Mid and High School Science Fair on Friday, February 7th, 2020. We are seeking volunteer judges and mentors for the event.
Students are required to participate in our school science fair before they are considered for the Calgary Youth Science Fair. We have a limited number of project submissions for the Calgary Youth Science Fair, therefore, your assistance will be needed for feedback and to choose our top projects to represent Westmount.
Many students who have chosen to participate in the science fair started when they were in grade 5 or grade 6. Each year, students think of ideas that they are passionate about. They experiment, innovate, or study the topic. Some students even started the process in the summer.
Westmount is expecting 15-30 middle school and high school students grades 5-12 to participate in the fair on Fri. February 7th, 2020.
- No background in the sciences is needed to judge. Volunteers only need an interest in talking to students about some really fascinating projects.
- About 30 judges are needed
- The event will be held at Westmount Charter School’s Mid-High Campus at 2215 Uxbridge Drive NW Calgary, Alberta T2N 4Y3.
- The time commitment to judge is from 9 am to 1 pm.
- For those interested, we will do a ‘dry run’ of judging duties on Wednesday, February 5, 2020, at lunch in Mr. Earle’s classroom room 219.
- Mentors help support students through their project planning to make extensions in the project. As we have a large population of grade 5 and 6 students, general or subject-specific mentors would be necessary. Many of the students would like to have another individual to go through details in their projects.
Want to Volunteer?