If your child needs medications during school hours, it is important to keep in mind the following information.
- Prescription Medication Required – your doctor must fill and sign the Prescription Drug Medical Treatment form; parents return the form and bring the prescription meds to the school (more information below)
- Non-Prescription Medication Required (e.g. Advil or Tylenol) – a parent must fill and sign the Prescription Drug Medical Treatment form; return the form and the non-prescription Medication to the school (more information below)
As part of preparing student files for every school year, a student Prescription Drug-Medical Treatment form will need to be completed if your child has special medical needs/requirements that our staff need to be aware of in order to assist your child, should the need arise.
- This form must be completed every year and returned to the Westmount campus your child attends no later than the first day of school.
- Student medications also need to be renewed every year and brought in to the Westmount campus your child attends in a sealed, labeled Ziploc bag or bags, no later than the first day of school.
- At the end of the school year, medications need to be picked up or they will be disposed of.
A doctor’s signature is required on the form if:
- your child has prescribed medication, life-threatening allergies, or a serious medical condition.
Only a parent signature is required on the form if:
- your child requires non-prescription medications e.g. Advil or Tylenol. If you would like us to provide your child with non-prescription medication, please bring the medications to the elementary office or the mid-high infirmary in a sealed and labeled Ziploc bag, accompanied by a completed medical form.
Click this link to download and print Westmount’s Prescription Drug-Medical Treatment form.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
- The Elementary Office at 403.217.0426.
- The Mid-High Office at 403.217.9427.