For every Calgary Stampeders’ home game, we use the Mid-High campus parking lot for game parking. Each car parked raises $10.00 for Westmount; by using parent volunteers, we are able to ensure all the money collected goes to the School.
The money we raise helps to fund the following:
- Classroom support;
- School field trips;
- Busing for field trips;
- Parent education;
- & Many other initiatives throughout the year.
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS
We usually raise over $10,000 every season with this fundraiser. BUT, we can’t do this without volunteers.
There are three types of volunteer positions:
- This is someone who has volunteered at the Stampeder Parking before and will oversee the day/evening
- The Day Coordinator arrives early and sets up the parking by putting out signs and closing off extra entrances
- These volunteers help the Day Coordinator with setup – putting out signs and closing off extra entrances as well as helping with parking
3.General Parking Volunteers
- These volunteers greet the parkers, collect the parking money and direct the cars to parking spaces
For each game, we need:
- one Day Coordinator and
- at least two (three is best) volunteers to collect money at the parking entrances, and then
- at least three (four is best) volunteers to direct drivers to parking spaces.
The time commitment for volunteers is 2-1/2 hours per game because we need every volunteer to help until shortly after game time. Grade 10-12 students can volunteer, but no children under Grade 10 are allowed, as traffic can get quite hectic.
We currently need volunteers for the upcoming dates:
- Friday, May 31 (5-7:30pm);
- Saturday, June 15 (3-5:30pm);
- Saturday, June 29 (3-5:30pm).
No police check is required for these volunteer positions.
Please sign up at
Volunteer signup sheet
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org