Do you like to drive? Do you love listening to the happy chatter of Westmount children? Then we are looking for you!!
To become a volunteer driver:
- Visit the Volunteering page on the Westmount Website and review the volunteer process and documents.
- Volunteer driving is a Category A volunteer activity, so there are a number of steps to complete:
- Request a PIC letter (volunteer letter) from the EC office in person or by phone.
- Complete a Police Information Check (PIC) – can be done online, or in person at a designated Police station. There is no cost to you.
- Obtain a Driver’s Abstract* obtained from an Alberta Registry Office (the individual must have a safe driving record with less than six demerit points). *A Driver Abstract may be obtained for a small fee from any Alberta Registries office.
- Complete the Westmount Volunteer Registration form and the Volunteer Driver form and Declaration.
*Please note that you must have:
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Current registration
- Driver’s Abstract and less than six demerit points
- Proof of a minimum $2,000,000 public liability and property damage insurance coverage.
Please contact the elementary campus if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!