As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators. Data on these indicators consists of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of education quality, student outcomes such as dropout and high school completion rates, and provincial assessments of student learning.
From January to the end of February, Alberta Education will be conducting the annual Accountability Pillar Survey.
- In January, parents of students in grades 4-12 will receive a survey from Alberta Education.
- In February, students in grades 4-12 and all teachers will be completing their surveys online at school.
All surveys are anonymous and ask questions about your experiences with our school. Survey results will be available to our school administration in May, and will be reported publicly as part of our 3-Year Education Plan and Annual Education Results Report.
Mailing of parent surveys started on January 7, 2019.
- These surveys are generally returned directly to Alberta Education.
Starting this year, all parents/guardians who receive the Accountability Pillar Parent survey will have the option to complete the survey either online or on paper.
- To access the online survey:
- First find the 8-digit code on the tear-away portion of the paper survey mailed from Alberta Education. This code is not specific to you; it identifies the school only.
- Click the following link https://public.education.alberta.ca/APOS/ and then enter the code from the paper survey into the Random Access Code field. Press the Login button.
- Last day for paper survey submissions is February 22, 2019
- NEW: The online survey deadline has been extended to March 8, 2019.
Your participation in the survey provides important feedback on the quality of education your child is receiving at our school. We strongly encourage you to return your survey promptly.
Thank you for your support.
Superintendent, Westmount Charter School