Dear Westmount Families,
Westmount will be open as usual on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018 and school buses will be running.
As always, we respect parents/guardians right to make their own decisions about sending their children to school. Families and students are assured that Westmount will be open today. If your child will not be attending classes today, please ensure you contact the school to report the absence.
The safety and security of our students is of the utmost importance. Students and parents are reminded that extra caution should be taken during the winter weather. Please refer to information about busing and transportation on our website.
- Children should be dressed appropriately for the colder weather. Unexpected mechanical problems with the bus occur more frequently at this time of year. Children must be prepared for this as buses cool off very quickly.
- Unusually cold or stormy weather can result in bus schedules being delayed. We encourage parents to use extra caution with children on those days.
- Children should be accompanied to the bus stop or have very clear instructions on what to do if the bus does not arrive. Never leave children at a stop without backup arrangements for an emergency.
- A build-up of ice and snow can create a safety hazard for children waiting at the bus stop. Ensure that your child understands the importance of standing back from the curb as the bus approaches the bus stop.
- Children will find it easier to walk snow and ice-covered roads when their school books and lunches are carried in a back pack. It is also much safer for them to board the bus with their hands free to use the bus handrail.
If you child takes the bus, you may check the My Bus Stop app or login to http://mybusstop.ca/ to check the status of your bus. You may also call the new Southland Dispatch number 403 387 2907 if you have questions.