- an established, congregated gifted setting for Kindergarten to grade twelve
- a caring learning environment that honours differences: it's cool to be who you are!
- a dual emphasis on challenging the intellectual growth. and nurturing the social-emotional capacity of the gifted learner
- regrouping for elementary-grade math and language arts, based on knowledge and skill
- core curriculum presented in an engaging and active format
- a place for ALL gifted learners: whether you're an expert on nature, or a musician, or a voracious reader, or a math-science whiz, there is room for you at Westmount
- an emphasis on understanding concepts, and the opportunity to "show what you know" in dozens of different ways
- small class sizes, great friends and dedicated teachers who get to know you!
- an emphasis on learning how to learn, and Inclusive Education Plans to help you work on meaningful educational goals
- clubs, school teams, lunchtime intramurals
- opportunities to advance to the national stage: Westmount students were award-winners at the 2012 Canada-wide Science Fair, as well as the junior national speech and debate championships.
- humanitarian trips and High School "Human Condition" courses
- an Integrated program for all grade seven students, building on the learnings from our previous "Project Earth", "Footprints" and "Innovations" programs
- Beginner Band program for grade 5 and second languages (French or Spanish) throughout mid-grades
- easy access to our campuses via Calgary Transit, School bus, or in your own vehicle
- opportunities to proceed beyond grade level once you have understood the concepts of the entire curriculum at the present level
- full range of High School courses including Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- readiness for post-secondary: check our grad/alumni information!
18 November 2012
| Copyright 2012 Westmount Charter School